23 November 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Today is Thanksgiving and I find I have much to be thankful for. I thought a lot today about how lucky I truly am. I am blessed with a job, a functioning (though sometimes temperamental) car, food in my cupboards, parents I get along with, and the list goes on....

Today I am very grateful for friends. Friends who allow you space to screw up, are honest with you when you need advice, lend a listening ear, and in general accept the fact that we all have quirks but still love you anyway . Then they stand back and watch you as you grow and learn from all that life has to offer. That is the kind of friend I also try to be.

I spent the day with several good friends today. We ate, drank, and were quite merry. (some merrier than others but those stories are best left for another blog). It was a relaxing and enjoyable day. There is something so special about Holidays. I want to have 'holidays' year round. I want to make the holiday gathering something that can be done for other than special days. Any day can be a good day to gather, share a meal, and enjoy the company that only special friends can give.

No comments: