24 January 2008

Mmmm...cottage cheese loaf


I have been craving cottage cheese loaf. Don't ask why. I have no idea. I don't remember eating it that often growing up. But maybe I ate it more often that I remember. This would be good with some chopped walnuts added to it as well. It is a good vegetarian dish that even tastes good sliced cold in a sandwich the next day. Here is my friend's version that I like pretty well:
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 large carton cottage cheese
4 eggs
1 medium onion (chopped fine)
5-6 cups rice krispies or special k cereal
mix it all up, put it in a greased bread pan and chuck it in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Or, until it is all browned nicely and the center comes clean if you poke it with a knife. If you want it done in a hurry you can put the oven at 375 and scorch it for 45 minutes.


No comments: